Hopes and fears

The last few days have been hellish at the agency where my day job is. The work to do before Christmas is a lot and customers expect quick results: many and good ones.
I have only managed to sew at night and at early, early morning, as a kind of ritual that keeps me calm and gives me the comfort that these days have not given me.
Today, I got up early morning, planted a plum tree, an apricot tree, feed the chickens, dogs and cats and watered everything around. Still wiped two washing machines, made ​​lunch: a simple tagliatelle with fresh tomatoes and a handful of garden herbs: basil , chives and a good drizzle of olive oil . It's at the simple things that are grown the best flavors.
During the afternoon, I returned to work, but at a slower pace: I hate working in the afternoon, I am a morning person. While expecting some answers from the office, I finished a dress that was waiting and made a beautiful cushion.
I am preparing a series of cushions to redecorate the living room. Next week I expect to show you the results.
This will be my plan for the next months: sew for me, myself and I. It's very sad to be selling one or two things per month in Portugal. Makes me wonder about my future, about my expectations, about my resolutions, about having to sell only abroad.
And when something good happens, I just wish a new sewing machine :). A professional one, a machine that sews perfectly everyday, that quilts, that sews many layers of fabric together. But how?
Meanwhile, here are some of the last things I did last days.













2 comentários:

Gabi disse...

Nem dá para explicar a alegria de ver os tecidos que um dia me deixaram encantada (mesmo quando parecia impossível alguma coisa parecer encantadora no meio da confusão em que estavam) e me fizeram arriscar! Gosto desta sensação nova... De não tendo nada que ver com esta "Produção" sentir que é um bocadinho minha... Mas acho que também tem que ver com o que pomos de nós nas coisas... Nem que seja na mais mais "reles" das actividades como "revender tecidos"... Gostei e fez-me feliz...

Este mês, ao contrário dos outros, vendi muito mais para cá do que "para lá"... O que me fez perguntar "onde andam os meus clientes estrangeiros"??? Estranho, não???

E que sorte tens tu e os teu de te ter a ti a trabalhar para vós :) Fico invejosa!!

A Bela e o Monstro disse...

Querida Gabi, obrigada pelo teu sempre presente carinho. Eu fiquei encantada. Já fiz uma série de coisas e ainda tenho dois tecidos para explorar :) Um beijinho